Sunday, January 10, 2010





D-DAY







Well, tomorrow (Monday, Jan. 11th, 2010) is 'D-Day' for us--'D' being the big decision on our bankruptcy filing by a court mediator.

We've done both sessions of the on-line credit counseling (pre and post filing, as required) and the rest is out of our hands.

While things have indeed been better with the garnishment being stopped, thus giving us some breathing room for the first time in about a year and a half, Ed and I are acutely aware that things can go either way for us tomorrow.

The court appointed mediator can overturn everything and indeed find us liable and responsible for all debts--with the biggest one being over $30,000 (not including the incurred interest which brings the total to likely well over $50,000) for the second on the house we lost a year and a half ago.

Our attorney isn't foreseeing any trouble but the truth is--we just don't know.

IF everything goes as we hope, we won't know what to do first; smile in relief or cry.

Likely both.

When all is said and done, Ed and I will be sitting down this week and figuring out where to go from here money wise; look at different money market accounts, figure out how to best build our interest, how much to spend each month and on what, how much to start re-paying the personal loans that helped get us through this year (Ed's parents) and what we can afford for B's education, etc.

Then, I will also be changing my blog title to; 'The End Of The Rainbow: Life After Bankruptcy'.














If anyone is willing to help me with graphics on my new blog (that is should things indeed go well tomorrow) then I would be immensely grateful.

Blogging has been such as important part of my life these past six months, sad as that sounds, but I hope to be able to not only change the tone of my blog (thus hopefully no longer being the 'sad housewife') but also start living again.

Perhaps that pot of gold at the end of the rainbow has been attainable all along--and I will have learned that I am indeed in control of how my own happy ending plays out...and be able to take you all along for the ride.

















So, here's to the end of the rainbow, that elusive pot of gold (i.e. debt free and happy) and steering my own course towards a happy ending.













I'll be back tomorrow with an update on how things went...well wishes and prayers gladly accepted and appreciated.

Peace, love, happiness and health,
~Jo

10 comments:

  1. Jo....Im so happy for you...I just know things are going to go your way, Ive been praying so hard for you and your family:) Tomorrow after the good news, I am going to jump up on my table and do a big ole happy dance, showing you my best "white boy can't dance" moves;)

    much love;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck tomorrow. Hope all goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck, Jo. I know everything will work out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I forgot, stop by I have something for you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jo: Praying for things to go well, tomorrow. I wish I could help you, but I am technically challenged. I pay someone to do my blog redo's. I can recommend: Edie at http://richgifts.blogspot.com She does blog makeovers and complete redo's based on donation. Maybe you guys could work something out. She is a precious lady.
    Blessings, andrea

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow. just found you. this is just such an intense blog that i don't know quite how to react. you must continue your story. i want to hear it all.

    Denise Burks

    www.successinthesuburbs.blogspot.com
    www.stepmotherinthesuburbs.blogspot.com
    www.successfulweightlossinthesuburbs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear about your ordeal. Experiencing bankruptcy can be hard on a family. The best thing to do at this point is to move on with your life. And my advice: look at what your family has been spending your money on. Make a budget list to help control the spending. Only spend on those that are truly necessary.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So, how did the trial go? I'm pretty sure you've reach the end of the rainbow and found the pot gold after this past 2 years. :) How is your life after that?

    ReplyDelete
  9. It’s been two years since you filed for bankruptcy. How are you managing? I do hope that you are on your way out of financial crisis. And I think it is a good move to seek help in times like this. Solving your financial problems and going through some legal issues is quite difficult, but it is NOT IMPOSSIBLE. By enlisting legal and professional help, you can make it through the financial dilemma. And as they say, there is always a rainbow after the rain. And maybe a pot of gold!

    ReplyDelete
  10. When you are facing bankruptcy, it doesn’t mean that it is the end of your world. There are many ways in order to re-establish your financial accounts and start anew. What you have to remember is that you need to be focused and tougher with regards to how you spend your money this time around.

    ReplyDelete