Monday, December 14, 2009





COMING SOON TO A BLOG NEAR YOU







After much thought and deliberation, I will be starting a new blog or re-directing this one, after January 11th--pending on the outcome, of course.

January 11th is the date of our bankruptcy hearing--and if things go the way we hope (and dare to THINK), I will no longer be the 'Sad Housewife'.

While life will not always be perfect--for me and my Irish clan, life will begin to breathe again and we will start to live it.

I'm not actually planning on doing anything much different; I will still be frugal and will still champion my causes (MS and animal rights) but I'm HOPING it will bring about less fear. I'm always waiting for the other shoe to drop and expecting the worst. It's a constant ache in my gut that I must try and rid myself of.

We'll eat a little better--although not extravagant (just maybe lay off the hot dog sandwiches and Top Ramen for a while) and perhaps will even enjoy a long drive up the coast now and then like we used to. Mostly we will have a little money to save for dental emergencies, vet visits, car repairs, etc. without having to borrow it with our tail between our legs.

In light of this, again, I want to start a new blog after the hearing.

Ireland Forever!
















Ed is 100% Irish (I have a little from my Dads side)--although, neither he, B nor I have ever been to Ireland (a dream we hope to one day fulfill)--so I thought about how to incorporate that into my new blog title.

So, here are a few of my ideas for new blog titles (and yes, I would love and appreciate your feedback):

~'When Irish Eyes Are Smiling'

~'Covered In Clover'

~'Cover Me In Clover'

~'I'm Looking Over A Four Leaf Clover'

~'Crimson And Clover'

~'Four Leaf Clover'

Subtitled: "The End Of The Rainbow: Life After Bankruptcy'.

I would like to incorporate, in my heading; clover, a rainbow and maybe a pot of gold--but instead of gold coins pouring out of it, they'll be mine, Ed's, B's and C's (our daughter. Although she doesn't live at home and we are still estranged, she is still a part of my heart and our family) smiling faces, like flowers sticking up out of a potted plant.

Being inferior to the modern technological age, I would need serious help with this. I don't know how much I could pay but I can try and budget it in--blogging has become so important to me. As I've said before, I'm not one of these people who gets tons and tons of comments, but I do love and appreciate those of you who do and love the friends I've made on here. You are very real to me.

So, again--feedback and help welcome.

I thank you.

In the meantime, check out these two videos by an amazing Irish artist (who is my celebrity crush, in addition to being so musically gifted) named Damien Rice (both featuring the vocals of Lisa Hannigan):

'9 Crimes' (odd video and a bit unnerving but stick with it--it's beautifully lyrical):



'The Blowers Daughter'



'Nollaig Shona Duit', my friends--which means 'Merry Christmas' in Gaelic.

Peace, love, happiness and health,
~Jo

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE the irish eyes smiling...I think it so great, cause in your old title you have always had the eye with the tear, what a awesome statement of survival....

    I love ya girl, you know I will be following the new blog;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. btw: You are so right...I love the music!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jo, "When Irish Eyes Are Smiling" sounds good to me, but that could be because of my Irish ancestry. Clover, a pot of gold, and the rainbow fit with the theme well. I'm looking forward to the change!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't have an original thought in my body, but I love to play with my Photoshop. I hope this will inspire you and remind you that there is a life after bankruptcy :o)

    http://lh5.ggpht.com/_J6YV7xaUVvw/SyjkdQULbfI/AAAAAAAAAxM/3ji_JDlDTWU/bankruptlife%20copy.jpg

    ReplyDelete