Saturday, December 5, 2009
CIRCLE OF FRIENDS
I received--via E-mail notification--'The Circle Of Friends' blog award from Andrea at 'Arise 2 Write' ( http://arise2write.blogspot.com/ ).
*EDIT: You can pick up the award by copying and pasting it (then adding it to you 'Gadgets')--my blog awards are located towards the bottom of my sidebar.
Andrea is a very supportive blogger and a spiritual person whose faith comes through in her writing--her blog is a lovely place to stop by when I need calm.
Thank you, Andrea, so much for this honor.
In receiving this award, I am to mention five things I enjoy/like to do and then pass this award along.
MY FIVE FAVORITE THINGS:
* Collecting Pez Dispensers (I have approximately 110-120)
* Making the most out of the Christmas season from decorating, enjoying seasonal favorites like 'Silk' brand Soy 'Eggnog', enjoying a lit fireplace and watching holiday films such as 'It's A Wonderful Life'
* Watching 'I Love Lucy'--I am a Lucy fanatic, nut, loon. You get the point. No matter how many times I have seen the episodes (my favorite is probably the Bill Holden one!), I am in hysterics. Each time. Yep. Oh, and I also feel Desi Arnaz was very underrated in his contribution to television
* Enlightening others on Veganism and MS (Multiple Sclerosis)
* Spending time with B and Ed--making sure to never take a day for granted
Now, I have the difficult task of choosing to whom to pass this on to:
~Lori ('The Peterson Family' http://www.petersonstlouis.com/ ): One good deed deserves another and you were so kind as to give me my very first blog award. You are a loving family gal whose blog I enjoy frequenting (although, lately, I haven't had time or energy to frequent much of anything!)
~Kyle ('Out Left' http://kylerklnh.blogspot.com/ ): Smart, political, compassionate. We share so much of the same views and values (especially on animals!) and have a need to enlighten others on open-mindedness and compassion (I also love his film reviews!).
~Ekan ('The Truth About Me-Self' http://truthabtmeself.blogspot.com/ ): Such a loving, gentle and kind soul: vagabond at heart--humankind lover in nature and spirit
~Allen ('Allen's Adeventures' http://allenmcalister.com/ ): Funny, quirky, smart, kind, honest--I wish we lived next door to each other 'cause he would be my chosen morning coffee companion!
~Steven Anthony ('My Life, My Thoughts' http://steven-litchford.blogspot.com/ ): Steven is another one I would pick as my morning coffee companion--I hate that I'm so far away from everyone with whom I want to do nothing but sit and chat with for hours! I smile when I see I have a comment from him. He is simply honest to goodness true, full of heart and sincere through and through
~Herrad ('Access Denied-Living With Multiple Sclerosis' http://accessdenied-livingwithms.blogspot.com/ ):
Herrad shares my passion for a cause and cure for MS--but for a very different reason than I: she actually has MS and lives with it's affects daily. She inpires me because of her honesty and 'upfront-ness' about life with MS, yet she still finds joy and a reason to smile in life!
I wish I could give this award to everyone. I don't have a particularly large following--I'm not one of those bloggers who gets 20 plus comments on my posts--and I am so very okay with that because the followers I do have mean the world to me and I can never express enough the joy they all bring with them!
Peace, love and happiness,