Saturday, December 5, 2009







CIRCLE OF FRIENDS








I received--via E-mail notification--'The Circle Of Friends' blog award from Andrea at 'Arise 2 Write' ( http://arise2write.blogspot.com/ ).



*EDIT: You can pick up the award by copying and pasting it (then adding it to you 'Gadgets')--my blog awards are located towards the bottom of my sidebar.

Andrea is a very supportive blogger and a spiritual person whose faith comes through in her writing--her blog is a lovely place to stop by when I need calm.










Thank you, Andrea, so much for this honor.

In receiving this award, I am to mention five things I enjoy/like to do and then pass this award along.


MY FIVE FAVORITE THINGS:

* Collecting Pez Dispensers (I have approximately 110-120)














* Making the most out of the Christmas season from decorating, enjoying seasonal favorites like 'Silk' brand Soy 'Eggnog', enjoying a lit fireplace and watching holiday films such as 'It's A Wonderful Life'


















* Watching 'I Love Lucy'--I am a Lucy fanatic, nut, loon. You get the point. No matter how many times I have seen the episodes (my favorite is probably the Bill Holden one!), I am in hysterics. Each time. Yep. Oh, and I also feel Desi Arnaz was very underrated in his contribution to television















* Enlightening others on Veganism and MS (Multiple Sclerosis)



















* Spending time with B and Ed--making sure to never take a day for granted


















Now, I have the difficult task of choosing to whom to pass this on to:



~Lori ('The Peterson Family' http://www.petersonstlouis.com/ ): One good deed deserves another and you were so kind as to give me my very first blog award. You are a loving family gal whose blog I enjoy frequenting (although, lately, I haven't had time or energy to frequent much of anything!)
















~Kyle ('Out Left' http://kylerklnh.blogspot.com/ ): Smart, political, compassionate. We share so much of the same views and values (especially on animals!) and have a need to enlighten others on open-mindedness and compassion (I also love his film reviews!).
















~Ekan ('The Truth About Me-Self' http://truthabtmeself.blogspot.com/ ): Such a loving, gentle and kind soul: vagabond at heart--humankind lover in nature and spirit



















~Allen ('Allen's Adeventures' http://allenmcalister.com/ ): Funny, quirky, smart, kind, honest--I wish we lived next door to each other 'cause he would be my chosen morning coffee companion!

















~Steven Anthony ('My Life, My Thoughts' http://steven-litchford.blogspot.com/ ): Steven is another one I would pick as my morning coffee companion--I hate that I'm so far away from everyone with whom I want to do nothing but sit and chat with for hours! I smile when I see I have a comment from him. He is simply honest to goodness true, full of heart and sincere through and through

















~Herrad ('Access Denied-Living With Multiple Sclerosis' http://accessdenied-livingwithms.blogspot.com/ ):
Herrad shares my passion for a cause and cure for MS--but for a very different reason than I: she actually has MS and lives with it's affects daily. She inpires me because of her honesty and 'upfront-ness' about life with MS, yet she still finds joy and a reason to smile in life!














I wish I could give this award to everyone. I don't have a particularly large following--I'm not one of those bloggers who gets 20 plus comments on my posts--and I am so very okay with that because the followers I do have mean the world to me and I can never express enough the joy they all bring with them!

Peace, love and happiness,
~Jo

11 comments:

  1. Thank you for allowing me to be a part of your circle of friends! I love Lucy, too. I am not necessarily vegan, but love to eat organically and mostly veggies!

    Blessings and blessings to those who received this award.
    andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sherry,
    What a brilliant surprise.
    Thanks for the splendid award that has really made my day.
    Love,
    Herrad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nobody here but us 'Jo's' but you're are very welcome just the same, dear Herrad! ;)

    By the way, I'm at $500.00 so far in my 'MS Walk 2010' fundraising--going a bit slow so far this year but am hoping to make my $3000.00 goal by April. :)

    Will keep you posted--until then, stay well, my sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Meant to type *you're or *you are--not both--E-gads! I'm a nut today!

    So help me if any of you say 'TODAY???' I'll slug ya! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. THank u so much my friend, and I dont use that word lightly, even though we havent met(yet, but I belkieve we will someday somehow) I truly count you amoung my dearest friends..you are sassy, sweet honest and just plain fun, lots of class and grace(yes you are graceful) I love ya Jo, thanks so much for the award, I accept it with a grateful heart;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jo, Thank you so much ! I really appreciate you taking the time to pass this my way! And I do count you among my circle of friends. I think that you are a wonderful, wonderful person with such a sweet heart. I think you have been dealt a crazy set of circumstances as of late, but I continue to hope and pray that things get better for you!

    And Lucy and Bill Holden were fabulous together! That is a hilarious episode! I also love the one where Lucy and Ethel pretend to be aliens! Remember that one? And the one where she thinks her new neighbors are murderers and they are really actors? Yes, I love Lucy too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jo,
    Thank you so much for this! It brightened up my day! Anytime you want to come down south for a cup of coffee, just let me know. hehe

    I love Lucy too. I watched her every time she was on the t.v.

    Allen

    ReplyDelete
  8. p.s. I have a Prrrrrfect Blog Award for you on my blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jo, thank you so much for adding me to your circle of friends. I am elated that you think that much of me and that I make you feel a little better from time to time. You're really a truly wonderful person.

    Your blog makes me laugh and cry, and I'm always inspired by your optimism and determination. Again thank you so much for the award and your open sign of friendship. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow!
    You have a great blog!
    Thanks for giving it to Herrad. It was from her that I knew about your blog.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. P.S. If Pez were sold here I would surely collect it.

    ReplyDelete