Sunday, December 13, 2009







Christmas Fun





I borrowed this post from Meeko ( http://meekothedisgruntledsecretary.blogspot.com/)--I say borrow because 'stole' is such an ugly word--who borrowed it from someone else.

I could certainly use a little cheer--as can we all, eh?

If you're reading this post, then you must: (or don't . . . Meeko--and Jo--will love you either way!) :)

(a) leave a comment and answer the below 25 questions that Mandy made up,

(b) write the answers to the questions below in your own blog post, if you have a blog, that is.

or (c) call yourself a scrooge in the comment below and refuse to answer them.

I hope you choose (A) or (B) but if you choose (C) then I'll just let the ghosts of Christmas past, present and future deal with you. If you do decide to write your own blog post about it, please mention Mandy (see Meeko's post) since she is the author of these important questions. (Writers credit and all that jazz - thanks!)


(1) What is your favorite Christmas movie?
I have TWO actually. One to make me laugh: 'Christmas Vacation'
And the other to make me cry: 'It's A Wonderful Life'

(2) What is your LEAST favorite Christmas movie?
Not sure I have one but several years ago someone gave me 'Christmas Vacation 2'. It's still in the cellophane--I just can't bring myself to watch it for fear of disappointment (only Randy Quaid, as 'cousin Eddie', from the original movie, is in it). I guess I'm somewhat of a purist.

Oh, and I've never seen 'A Christmas Story'--NO IDEA WHY.

(3) What is your favorite Christmas song?
I'm a 'Santa Baby' kinda girl (in my perverted mind I envision it as a great pole dance song--ha! Sorry for the visual) and then there's 'What Child Is This' as sung by Enaid and Einalem on my 'Celtic Christmas' CD. Hauntingly beautiful. I try to ignore the fact that it's 'Greensleeves' redux supposedly written by Henry VIII for Anne Boleyn--prior to incarcerating and beheading her for alleged incest, that is. How's that for Merry Christmas?

(4) What Christmas song(s) drives you crazy?
Meeko's answer: "None of them really. They only drive me crazy when I'm listening to the KOST and every single song is a Christmas song."

Mine: Ditto.

(5) What is your favorite Christmas drink?
Silk brand soy eggnog. With or without booze. I'm easy. Silence all you boys from my high school days!

(6) What is your favorite Christmas memory?
Several years ago Ed gave me a Lucille Ball black and white framed print by Gary Sadderup and hung it over our wall unit for me to find Christmas morning. The following year I got Desi Arnaz. Can't have Lucy without Desi.

(7) What is the best toy/gift you've received on Christmas?
*See above

(8) What is the worst toy/gift you've received on Christmas?
In general, anything my Mom buys--ha!

(9) What do you LOVE about the holidays?
Lit scented candles/tart burners, my Tony Bennett, Kenny G. and 'Celtic Christmas' CD's, watching Christmas movies, decorating, cooking, cold weather....

(10) What annoys you about the holidays?
That Christmas day itself is mind numbingly dull. Only about 7 of us at my in-laws while most everyone else seems to have packed houses.

(11) Do you prefer star or angel on top of a Christmas tree? Or something else? Meeko's answer: "My tree topper is Tinker Bell!"

I want what he's got!

(12) What is your family favorite recipe at Christmas?
Cinnamon fudge. I make it every year.

(13) Are you a Grinch or a Who at Christmastime? Why, I'm Jo Who who's slightly more than 42.

(14) Christmas light displays - Love them or Hate them?
I love them and appreciate so much those who go all out for the holidays just to see the joy on others' faces.

(15) Santas at the mall - Fun times or Creepy?
Depends on whether the kid has had too much hot chocolate prior to sitting on Santa's lap--creepier if it's an adult.

(16) Christmas cards - do you send them, yes or no?
I do E-mail E-greetings/newsletters (see previous post).

(17) What is the best thing about Christmas, in your opinion? The spirit it brings out in typically joyless people--moi included.

(18) What is the worst thing about Christmas?
The crowds, the over extension of ones budget (although, I don't do that) and those who get so carried away by shopping that they forget the true meaning and neglect to stop and smell the poinsettias.

(19) When do you put the tree up and take it down?
The tree (we haven't gotten one this year--not sure we are going to) goes up a week or two before Christmas typically, comes down the day after if I have my way. After Christmas, I'm ready to just get on to the next thing.

(20) Out of the 12 days of Christmas, which day and item would you want your true love to give to you?
12 bottles of wine chilling. No? What do you mean that's not part of the song???

(21) Why do you think that Grandma got run over by a reindeer?
That was Mrs. Clauses doing. Grandma's been lonely since losing Grandpa and well, you can imagine the rest of the sordid story. She had it comin'.

(22) Who is your favorite reindeer?
Personally I always thought Donner to be underrated.

(23) Do you believe in Santa Claus?
I do, I do--I really do!

(24) What is your favorite smell at Christmastime?
My Yankee Candle tarts burning in my tart burners.

(25) What would make you happy at Christmas this year?
For my friends and family to have all that my signature entails: 'Peace, love, happiness and health'.

Thanks to Mandy and Meeko--that was fun!

Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

  1. I will tell ya what I told Fabulous...Im a scrooge, no way Im gonna take the time to answer all these questions...lol

    your answers made me smile;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. *Betty--thank you! You're a doll!

    *Steven, coal in your stocking for you!
    Yours were the answers I really wanted to read....humbug then. Just plain humbug.

    ReplyDelete