Thursday, September 3, 2009


THURSDAY TIRADE

I stopped by Lori's blog ('The Peterson Family') first thing this morning. You know, to have a cup of Joe and shoot the shi...--er, breeze.

From there I made my way to a new blog that I already adore; 'Just Add Walter'. Great play on words, awesome blog title.

Gee, this isn't sounding much like a tirade, eh?

I suck at this.

Anyway, Amy is the 'Editor In Chief' of said blog (a.k.a. the wife) and every Thursday she 'hosts' 'Thursday Tirade'. Just add your link to her blog (she has it set up easy--for the life of me I can't seem to add a link on here) then head right back to yours and post your rant.

Great idea!

Well, let's face it my dear blogger friends; my whole blog itself is one big rant, isn't it?

Do I possibly have anything new to whine about? Could I possibly be anymore of a bummer and a buzz kill than I already am?

Of course I can. Pfst!

However....don't you hate that word; 'however'? Just a fancy schmancy word for 'but'.

What? Wait? Where was I?...

Oh, yeah. However. However, I really can't rant about what I would like. My rant concerns someone I love very much and who occasionally drops by my blog. I'm not mad at this person I love, I'm mad at some things that are happening to this person I love at the hands of another--who also occasionally stops by my blog (along with many others so...let's hope my attempt at discretion works!).

I'm actually quite furious and upset about this and it's just been building up more and more lately.


I'm also not the only one who feels this way but for the sake of the person we love, we're keeping quiet. For as long as we're able so as not to further cause hurt nor a rift between us and/or the subjects in question.

Okay, that's not entirely true. There was a slight opening yesterday which I was able to tip toe into and speak a little of my peace.

It was acknowledged, well received and understood then dropped shortly thereafter.

I don't even know if the person causing this hurt to our loved one realizes they're doing it. I don't know if they realize how belittling they can be. Controlling is one thing--spirit crushing and humiliation is another.

It's been very difficult to watch but I've had to keep mum.

Me? Me who just yesterday blogged about being against censorship.

But (just an un-fancy un-schmancy word for 'however'), I also stated that just because we could, doesn't mean we should.


So, my rant for 'Thursday Tirade' is not being able to rant. Which goes against the very nature of my being!

As far as having anything else to rant about--I've already laid it all out there for all to see. I got nothin' more already than the above mentioned.

So, for the sake of this person I love...I'm keeping it zipped.

Yep.

Not another word.

I'm a goner.

Done.

I'm outta here.

Yeppers.

Won't get another word out of me, bub.

Uh-uh--no way.

Trap shut.

Quiet as a mouse, I am.

Not a single syllable will I utter.

I am so not talking.

Nope.

Not one word.

9 comments:

  1. I'm not good at keeping mum. Good luck with that.

    Stopping by from SITS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keeping quiet to keep the peace, huh? Grrrrr, that is so hard sometimes! Especially when it involves the people you love. Well, good for you, for as long as you can do it!!
    Have a Un-Tirade Thursday:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. God knows I'm-a-tryin'!

    Thanks! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes not saying a word speaks volumes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. loved your rant about not ranting... nice of you to try and keep the piece but I know how frustrating that can be!

    Thanks for following me... and for playing Thursday Tirade!

    And.... Guess what? I am now following you!! Love your blog.. I also have a wonderful friend that has MS and my team raised $7650 for the MS Walk last year... looks like we have a lot in common!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know, right? The whole point of me opening a blog a few weeks back was to rant and now I hold back because of those near to me reading it. Grrr. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can never keep my mouth shut either..probably why I like you and your blog so much, something in common..lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. You know - you are awesome! A good friend of mine was reading your comments yesterday and she asked how long have you known Jo? I'd love to have her as a friend - she's feisty!
    Thank you for being my champion - yesterday was really tough - and I felt your support and compassion -
    Love to you!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rant away. That's why we have blogs! I loved what you wrote - it reminds me of that episode of MASH when BJ bets Hawkeye he can't go without saying the last word. It's your blog, do whatever the hell you want with it!!!!

    ReplyDelete