Sunday, September 13, 2009


SUNDAY SNIPPETS


It's that time of year.

Football.

Today not only marks the first Sunday NFL game--which makes Ed deliriously happy!--but it happens to also be the coolest day of the summer--high 80's.

I love football season. Not because I have any particular favorite teams--I don't--and not because I know what's going on in every play--I don't.

I love football season simply because it fills my home with familiar sounds--and it makes my men happy.



















It also signifies the cooler weather that will soon be upon us--and not far behind that, Halloween and Christmas.
















I've had enough of triple digits (with no A/C). It's supposed to run between low to high 90's the rest of the week--inching dangerously close to that 100 degree mark by Friday.

A week from this coming Tuesday--Sept. 22nd--is the first day of Autumn. I wonder if it knows that. September seems to be season confused.

I've refrained--thus far--from writing 'Mother Nature' a complaint letter. She's pushing it, though.




















So, now onto 'Sunday Snippets'--more factoids from the mind of Jo (scary, I know):



DID YOU KNOW...



*My left foot is an inch longer than my right? True. Odd. It's real fun shoe shopping.





















*Michael Jordan gave the WORST 'Hall Of Fame' inductee speech ever? I've lost all respect for him. What a schmuck.





















*Hummingbirds flaps their wings around 75 times per SECOND? Sometimes more...

*Hummingbirds are also the only birds that can hover and fly backwards?


















*Soy milk has more calcium than regular milk?





















*Broccoli is also a good source of calcium?




















*Lillian Disney--Walt Disney's wife--was against Walt Disney opening up 'Disneyland' (which opened in 1955)? She thought it would attract undesirable, 'dirty' people.


















*Annette Funicello would never call Walt Disney 'Walt' or 'Uncle Walt' as he requested? She had so much love and respect for him that she always referred to him as 'Mr. Disney'.
















*Annette Funicello, due to MS (Multiple Sclerosis) can--very sadly--no longer walk, speak or see?
















































This is her now....

















*If you peel a banana from the bottom--instead of our usual way from the top--you won't have the strings of the banana to pick away and deal with? That's how the primates do it.






















*You can use conditioner instead of shaving cream for shaving legs? It's cheaper and leaves your legs smoother as well as a good way to use left over conditioner, especially if you bought a bottle you perhaps didn't care for and don't know what to do with it.















*Bell peppers with three bumps on the bottom are sweeter and better for eating raw?
Bell peppers with four bumps on the bottom are firmer and better for cooking?



















Well, that's all I have for today--thanks for playing along!

I hope everyone is enjoying their Sunday!

OOXX

7 comments:

  1. Jo,

    Nice post, but I am the opposite of you, I dont like the cold weather, so Halloween and Christmas is ugh to me. Unless I am on a cruse then its ok. =o)

    Allen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love autum...love cooler weather, love football....shoes, conditioner, soy milk...lol no wonder I like you:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have learned some things from your snippets that I wasn't aware of before. I am glad football season is here too, but it is because I love football.

    Michael Jordan did give a rambling acceptance speech at the Hall of Fame awards ceremony, but I still have the greatest respect for him.

    My ex son-in-law played in the NBA for Sacramento, Denver, Phoenix, and Toronto. I learned a great deal about the back scenes in the sport and I have lost much respect for the professional player in basketball, but I will always hold Michael in deep regard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice Snippets. I'm going to write that pepper one down.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi; I just wrote a long comment and then Blogger lost it; I think I have commented on your blog before, might have been a couple years ago when we were over in Orange County; now we are in the Temecula Valley south of you. I am soooo sorry about your house; such a sad signs of the times we are living in, especially for our part of the country; I added myself as a follower to your journal if that is okay with you

    it is nice today here weather wise; enjoying the coolness and fall feeling in the air for sure

    loved your snippets, learned so new things today, especially about the peppers

    take care

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  6. What great trivia! I had forgotten about Annette Funicello. Poor lady. She is an amazing woman. Such a shining light.

    ReplyDelete