Tuesday, September 8, 2009


ONCE MORE FOR THE PEOPLE IN THE BACK


I hope everyone had a safe, happy, fun and family filled 'Labor Day'.

It's been a few days since I've posted but before I begin yet ANOTHER of my soliloquies let me first say THANK YOU all for helping me become less blog stupid. :D

Your suggestions and offers of help blew me away! Unfortunately, they didn't blow me away to Ireland, Italy or...Walmart. But....that's okay, 'cause I'm here with you. Thank you, again, I will be attempting apply all your methods in an upcoming post. :)

So, this is what's been going on in my little part of the universe.

In addition to blogging, I Twitter.

Everyone has their own reasons for blogging and such:

*
Perhaps it's the only time you have to yourself after a busy day with work and/or family.

*Perhaps you're not able to express yourself eloquently and audibly so you turn to blogging.

*
Perhaps it's your way of reaching out and connecting--not feeling so alone.

*Perhaps it's the only thing you seem to have any control over in an otherwise seemingly out of control life.

For me, it's definitely the last three. Particularly the very last one--which brings me to my point--and do I have one???

::Searches frantically for point::

You know, I get really tired of having to post about the First Amendment and censorship.

I hope this will be the last time I have to do this--and the ONLY reason I am doing it now is because this time, it was PERSONAL.

It hit directly in my home right between me and my family--which was, of course, the intended and quite purposeful target.

Well, my blogger friends (and some not so friends) this is the deal: with all that said above, I twittered about my disappointment and very HONEST feelings about certain people in relation to the aftermath of a personal event in our lives recently.

These were not anyone else's words or feelings--these were MINE. I OWN THEM and, furthermore, I will not be robbed of them.

Somebody thought it a good idea to go and check out my 'tweets' for the SOLE purpose of digging up dirt and running to a member of my family with it.

In my tweets I was honest about my feelings about certain people--these were feelings and thoughts I will NOT delete, take back nor apologize for.

Consequences be damned--and let me add that there have indeed been many at a high and personal cost to myself.

But hear this--I WILL NOT CENSOR MYSELF.

The people that did this did so with only one purpose and intention in mind--to find exactly what they were looking for.

These are people who were once welcome in my heart--and in my home time and time again: slept over, been cooked for, cared for, listened to, understood and more importantly loved.

Fellow bloggers--this is what I would equate their sneaky, backhanded behavior to:

Let's say--you're having a conversation in another room. You and the second party excuse yourselves. Someone then sneaks up to the door and quietly listens hoping to get some dirt. Then they have the audacity to get upset at what they hear.

Well--don't listen. Quite simple.

Another example: you wrote some information down on a piece of paper. Someone intentionally goes looking for that piece of paper and when they find it--they don't like what it says.

Again, I have to ask what their motives are?

People know I blog and twitter, if you INTENTIONALLY go looking for something in these networks and then end up not liking what I say--simple solution? Don't go looking for them.

You will not remove my tongue, my thoughts, my words, my opinions, my wishes, my hopes, my feelings.

They are here to stay for as long as I have them.

You don't like them?

Don't read them.

THIS IS MY BLOG. Set up for this reason.

I have lost my dad, my daughter, my home, my job, my sense of security, my livelihood...

This is the only thing I can truly call my own.


“The man creates a pseudonym and hides behind it like a worm.”
~Sylvia Plath

My thoughts are out in the open--I'm not sneaking anywhere to put them. I'm not hiding them. I'm not using a veil of anonymity.

I'm an open book. Clearly to my own detriment at times but that's a chance I'm willing to take.

You'd think I was naming names to the senate!

However, I said it once and I'll say it again--you will not silence me.

Perhaps it's time for those who seek to search and destroy figure out their own purpose and balance in the universe and stop trying to throw me off my axis.

You may do a little damage but I will not fall with injury, without being able to pick myself up, dust myself off and continue on my own path which has no agenda other than self expression.

So, in closing 'Twitter me this':

What's your agenda?

8 comments:

  1. I have had something very similar happen to me. I had someone create chaos in my life and I cut that person out of my life. They (and people they know) look for my blog and read it religiously. (Hello...I have a statcounter that is the most useful thing on my blog! It tattles on everyone that visits my blog!). I write what I feel and I will not change who I am. My mama used to say that some people thrive on chaos in their lives and if there isn't any that they will create it. I think you have a few of those people in your life too....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by on my SITS day. I am sorry that a busy body felt the need to tattle on your feelings. Few people know about my blog. I like it that way...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jo, I totally understand where you are coming from.

    My father is a baptist preacher, and I know for a fact that some of his followers has been to my site and reported to him the goings on in my life.

    It angers me that they would do that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh girl, I wish I could lay it all out there like that. Sorry you have those in your life who take your words and use them to gossip and misuse for there own enjoyment. I've had that happen and it makes me angry as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. God...people suck sometimes. But I have found for every piece of shit person there are at least two wonderful ones.

    Keep doing what you do, and let the na sayers be danmed!

    peace my friend

    ReplyDelete
  6. great post! I feel the exact same way... keep your chin up... and keep the posts coming!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know the pain when someone you love does such a backhanded act. Pitty them for their little hearts. It's only 'coz they have nothing better to do with their lives. Don't take it too hard dear friend, it's just like your little kid comes back from school and tells you in a hushed tone that the boy sitting near him peed in his pants and laughs at it. Those people are no better grown up than that little kid in school.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You know I'm behind you 100%! If someone doesn't like what they see on here, they can move their little mouse on over to that red 'X' on the top right of the screen. SO THERE! :)

    ReplyDelete