Wednesday, September 2, 2009


A MESSAGE TO 'K'

'K' is a fellow blogger who, sadly, due to some very harsh words (similar to what I experienced yesterday) found it necessary to delete a very personal, heartfelt blog.

The words the posters in question used to describe her personal and honest process were nothing short of cruel.

I'm all for 'Freedom Of Speech' and am against censorship--it is indeed our First Amendment and one I'm proud of.

I'm also of the mindset, as I think I've stated before; that just because you could, doesn't mean you should.

These nasty bloggers are as entitled to it as the rest of us. I wouldn't have it any other way.

However, with the unkind words they chose to express their opposite views, they forgot one important thing; 'K' had just as much right to blog about her personal experience as they had to disagree.

It's human nature to disagree, naturally. However, to be downright nasty--I will never understand that. Two days in a row now I have felt the ramifications of personal attacks on here--first it was addressed to me, now it is addressed to 'K'.

'K' did two very noble things: one was to find a happy and viable solution for two different women, both of whom were in need. The second was to blog about it--openly and honestly.

The shame here is not on 'K'--but on the bloggers who found it necessary to lash out in disagreement with ugly words such as 'crime' and 'coercion'.

The only 'crime' committed here was that through their ugly actions, 'K' was then deprived of her First Amendment.

So, dear 'Anonymous' from last night as well as 'K''s attackers; if you're reading this--you will not chase me away. Nor will I be deleting any blogs.

To 'K'--stay strong. I understand why you did what you did and you have no judgment from me.

I'm just so sorry that happened to you and for what it's worth--you did a very noble thing in my eyes that resulted in the best possible of endings for all concerned.

Love,
~Jo

EDIT: P.S. A very special thank you for everyone's kind comments in response to my daughter--as well as the support in regards to the hateful 'Anonymous' blogger. Much love right back to each one of you. OOXX

5 comments:

  1. Hi Jo! I don't get it... If they don't like the blog... Leave. Whatever happened if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all? In my case... I wrote a post about it. When you get a chance go to my archived posts, go to May and read Teacher Protests. It was my first anonymous comment! After you read that... Read the post titled Rebuttal. I think it'll put a smile on your face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a shame when people feel the freedom to be absolutely nasty to others because they can hide behind a screenname or anonymous title. I'm glad you have not let it hinder your words or blogging. No one forces these people to read the blogs, and they certainly don't know someone well enough to judge them from a couple of posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for hanging in there Jo. Some people are just mean at heart and will always be cruel. Too bad you and K had to be subjected to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel that if you really don't like what a blogger has to say that you have the choice to not read it. Saying mean or cruel things does not get your point across, it only makes you look like an ass. This is YOUR blog and you can write whatever you damn well choose. And if they don't like it, then they can stop reading it!

    ReplyDelete