Wednesday, September 23, 2009


I'LL BE BACK


Hi, all. I apologize (what else is new, eh? I'm always apologizing for something 'cause I'm such a schmuck!) for my absence lately--our computer bit the dust. Took a dump. Crapped out--or if you want to get all technical, thrown out the window. Sheesh.

Okay, the last part isn't true but man it was so hard not to take that son of a beotch and fling it off the nearest bridge.

Okay, the nearest foothill. We don't have bridges around here.

Do we, Meeko????

Anyway, I am using my sons lap top that his friend gave him and was given very strict instructions by B to not do anything on it but check my E-mail since it's not running too terribly well and he doesn't want it to get a virus as we think that's what happened to ours.

You can see how well I listen.

Two words from B: 'Only E-mail!'

Yeah? I got two words for you, too. :D

Anyway, I couldn't just drop off the face of the planet without telling you why.

We're having our computer checked out next week by a guy at Ed's work who fixes them on the side dirt cheap. We're talking like $25.00 compared to everyone else who wanted $70.00 or higher--just for a diagnostic check-up, not to fix the issues, which would be considerably more.

I say next week 'cause Ed is in Ohio on business and won't be back to work until Monday to give the guy our tower.

Ed is lucky to be there this week, good timing as he is enjoying 70 degree weather in Ohio-- granted, with a little humidity--while Riverside will be 105 today and continued triple digits on through the weekend. Won't start cooling down to low-mid 90's until Monday.

Have I mentioned we have no A/C????

While Meeko (a fellow I.E. resident) and I are sweltering, melting--essentially dying....you all stay cool, happy, healthy and well.

I'll be back as soon as the 'Computer God' smiles down on me and says; 'The World Wide Web will soon be yours once again. Be patient, it may take a week or two so until then, go read a book. Watch a movie. Pull weeds...and may the force be with you.'

I picture the computer God to look like Mark Hamill circa 1977.

Take care my blog friends and stay well--I will have much catching up to do when I get back but will be thinking of you until then.

Hugs and kisses.

Peace, love and happiness,
Jo
ejcbtheshamrock4@aol.com

10 comments:

  1. take care of yourself; hoping it isn't a major thing with the computer that costs an arm and leg

    yep, another hot day in the IE; sorry about no AC; that is hard to endure these temps without one; stay hydrated!

    see you soon!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take care Jo! I live in Ohio! It is pretty cool out here. I could not image triple digit weather! Oh dear...

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Take care of yourself....Im just not sure how i will handle no Jo love for awhile:(

    love and peace friend;)

    missing u already

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jo, take care of yourself. Hopefully the problem will turn out to be something simple. We will all miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope the computer thingy doesn't cost too much - if I was there, I'd work some geek girl magic for you for FREE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I sure hope your computer troubles are over soon. I hate it when my computer is on the fritz!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well darn it, lady. When You coming back? Miss ya! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking forward to seeing you back online soon! In the meantime, enjoy reading and take care.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, I hope you have gotten your computer and A/C repaired. Our temps have dropped dramatically over the last few days so we aren't needing our A/C, Praise the Lord!

    Thanks so much for your prayers during my recent illness. I am still really, really weak but I'm gaining strength each and every day. I will be posting about my illness and hospital stay as soon as I'm a little stronger.

    I hope the rest of your week is amazing.

    Blessings,

    Teresa <><

    http://toomanyheartbeats.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete