Tuesday, September 15, 2009


FOR EZRA

I am asking for donations.

Those five words ought to make 'anonymous' deliriously happy.

'Anonymous' was a poster who replied to one of my posts a few weeks ago and, in addition to many other things--accused me of asking fellow bloggers for money via 'backhanded-ness' and 'whining'.

Alas, I am asking not for myself (and again, to reiterate what I wrote in response back then--nor would I)--I am asking for Ezra and his family.

I do not know Ezra nor do I know Ezra's Mommy. Yet, they touched my life this morning nonetheless.

I was only 'introduced' to them just this morning through SITS ('The Secret Is In The Sauce') as Ezra's Mommy was SITS featured blogger for today--her blog is titled 'Manic Mommy'.

Please CLICK on the newly added button on my side bar titled 'Praying For Ezra' which will take you directly to her blog.

Ezra is two years old (and younger brother to Rowan, four) and was diagnosed back in May with Leukemia.

Ezra's Mommy is a stay at home Mom while her husband works part time and goes to school full time. They are living on his part time income and his student loan allowance.

They only have one car between them and Ezra has several doctors appointments per week. Their families help when they can with what they are able...

Ezra is going to need treatments for THREE years--which are costly.

There is a 'Paypal' button set up on her blog to donate. This was not easy for her to do, as you can read from her post titled 'Ezra's Story' (which you can find at the top right of her blog).

However, I wholeheartedly empathize and support her doing it. Sometimes we simply have no choices left but to turn to the kindness and humanity of strangers...

I wish I could have donated more (it would be uncouth for me to say how much I did) but I know that if ever I have a few extra dollars here and there--I will be back to do so again.

I hope that those of you who are able will give what you can--if not, perhaps you can simply offer Ezra and his Mommy (and the rest of their family) your support and prayers.

Thank you for hearing me out.

Peace, love and happiness to you all.
~Jo

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for bringing this to my attention: I just want to tell you I think you are truly an awesome person, with all your trials you still take time to think/care about others....Anonymous' shame on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww--thank you, darling. So kind, as always.

    But I have to tell you--the truly awesome ones out there are Mom's (and Dad's, too!), just like Ezra's, who are facing the worst thing a parent can face and somehow muster through it all and manage to ask--with so much grace and dignity, no less--for donations.

    I can imagine how much courage that took and I hope people will appreciate that give what they can. Even a dollar or two helps (trust me, I know and appreciate the value of dollar!). Just think--if everyone donated a dollar...can you imagine the outcome and how much easier we can make this mothers life?

    Thank you again, Steven, for your kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steve already said what I wanted to say. Yet, can't resist telling you this - "You're really a wonderful woman. Such kind and charitable people are hard to find". I pay you my salute Jo, Honestly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will keep the family in my prayers. My heart is breaking, just thinking about what they must be going through.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Last year my dear friend was diagnosed with cancer and I saw first hand the financial burden of the disease. My husband and I created www.humantribeproject.com to help in this exact situation. You can create a Tribe Page for Ezra and sell Tribe Tags. With each $20 Tribe Tag sold, $15 is given back to Ezra. Plus, the purchasers have a tangible, personalized reminder of their support for Ezra. Check it out at www.humantribeproject.com.

    ReplyDelete