Thursday, August 13, 2009


WHEN IT RAINS IT POURS


There's that saying again. Is there, perhaps, a better saying that fits an occasion such as this?

"Don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining"?

Nope.

"When in Rome"?

Eh.

"Stupid is as stupid does"?

Close.

"Confucius say...."?

Damn.

Well, "When it rains it pours" it is.

On top of everything else--and just simply to make matters worse (and we stupidly we thought it couldn't get any worse--shoulda known better)--my husband got a speeding ticket a few months ago.

It has, for obvious reasons (if you're new here--catch up), gone unpaid. We have never NOT paid a speeding ticket and while it's a struggle, we do pay our bills every month. However, this one was a stickler.

So, today we received a call from the county in which I was told that payments will start being garnished from his paycheck.

I called my husband at work in hysterics! HYSTERICS!

After I wiped the snot dripping out of my nose onto my sleeve a few times (hey, we're way past polite chat and etiquette at this point!) I gathered myself and with as much composure as I could possibly muster, I called the lady from the county back.

And after my sordid sob-story--to which I condensed so as to not come across as TOO pathetic--she agreed to payments of $30.00 a month starting in mid-September.

Okay, well, that's better than what we thought it would be. It'll be difficult but manageable. I can do this.

I HAVE to do this.

Damn that Confucius.

No comments:

Post a Comment