Tuesday, August 25, 2009


IS IT JUST ME?

Okay, my dear friends--I'm feeling my oats today: you may call it PMS. Call it perimenopause. Call it feistiness "(Oooh! What got into her???). You may even call it an exorcist.

Perhaps I'm just cranky and need to take it out on something.

Be that as it may, I'm ready to change it up--and by 'it' I mean, 'Blog Of Note'; that ever coveted spot most bloggers would be honored to receive.

Don't get me wrong, 'Blog Of Note' introduced me to the neighborhood when I first arrived here and showed me around. It did everything but give me a list of local babysitters, tell me what day trash pick up is and bring me a plate of cookies.

I found some neat stuff in 'Blog Of note' in the beginning--some originality. Personality. SPARK. And I still follow those blogs.

Now, I'm certainly not going to name names or blogs--and you're more than entitled to disagree with me, naturally--but some of them lately are just plain boring. Not all of them mind you but I am seeing a bit of a pattern here...

Vintage items. Art. Pictures. More art....and a bit of pompousness. Just a tad--but it's enough.

Mind you, again--this is simply my opinion, fellow bloggers, dear friends and good people. Don't be angry. You know you love me. Don't you???

::Bites nails nervously::

I'm enlightened enough to know that my blog certainly isn't worthy of 'Blog Of Note' (nor would I expect it to be); my title and subtext isn't exactly cheery and the look of my blog as a whole is quite dull (I don't know how to fix that yet). Even I know THAT.

So, this is truly not about me. But let's give it to someone with some "oomph!" Let's change it up a little.

I'm talking gritty. Edgy. Maybe even left wing. Something. ANYTHING.

Give me something different, something to chew on.

And speaking of something to chew on, kindly give me my plate of cookies.

3 comments:

  1. I agree with you 100%. I don't know who comes up with that list. I have never followed a blog from there. I usually check who is reading other blogs that I follow and then I will read those blogs to see if they interest me.

    Give yourself credit. You have a great blog and I would put it up against blogs of note anytime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, thank you, doll! And may I return the compliment to you?

    On the otherhand, if typewriter ribbon, mediocre art (that looks like paint-by-numbers) and pompous up the ying-yang stuff is some peoples' thing, then by all means; 'Blog Of Note' is right up their alley. :D

    There I go again. Sheesh! What a crank today, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jo,
    I have an award for you on my blog!

    ~Hugs~
    Lori
    www.petersonstlouis.com

    ReplyDelete