Wednesday, August 26, 2009


SPLISH-SPLASH AWARD

I'm going to take a few moments, step outside of of my turmoil and the disheartening news we received last night, and just be GRATEFUL.

Lori ('Peterson Family') was gracious enough to bestow upon me the 'Splish-Splash Award'.

I'm going to copy and paste what is written on her blog so as not to fiddle with the good Karma she was so kind as to see me the recipient of.

In kind, I am to nominate UP TO 9 people. Yikes! This is hard.

So following the instructions below, are my nominations--and why--for the 'Splish-Splash Award'.

Thank you, Lori, for this honor and for the very kind things you wrote about me and my blog. You are simply wonderful!

So, this is my chance to reach out to some of you (wish I could have nominated EVERYBODY!) to return some of the love you have shown me.

Read on:



Here is the scoop on this award:


The Splash Award is given to alluring, amusing, bewitching, impressive, and inspiring blogs.


When you receive this award, you must:


* Put the logo on your blog/post.
* Nominate & link up to 9 blogs which allure, amuse, bewitch, impress or inspire you.
* Let them know that they have been splashed by commenting on their blog.
* Remember to link to the person from whom you received your Splash Award.

*Edit from Jo: The "Splish-Splash button" is on my side bar.---->

Here are my Splashes:


I have seven of them--they are as follows....

Rain: The first time I fell into Rain's blog ("A Walk In The Woods")--in the BEST sense--I felt transported. Transfixed. Transgendered. Wait! Where am I? What? No (not that there's anything wrong with that). ;) Seriously, Why did I pick her? Rain is an avid animal lover--as a vegan and animal rights activist, I simply dig that about her. She also inspires me to just get on with it as she herself is embracing life again after going through something very similar to what I am and has found the grace to appreciate the simple things. Finally, her blogs alluring green color, photos of her life and description of her walks in the woods makes me feel as if I am right there walking with her. And you know what? In a way I am.

Rae (http://myweathervane.blogspot.com/): Well, first she likes butterflies, as do I, and her first name is also my middle name--spelled the same, too ('Rae'). Isn't that enough? Well? Isn't it? In case that's not, here is another good reason; her post titled 'My Indignity'. Most of us women have 'been there, done that' and the way she tells it--what a scream! This wife and grandmother took a serious topic and injected it with her brand of humor. And why the hell not? Got MY attention. I'd like to add that Rae also has MS (Multiple Sclerosis). I hope she doesn't mind my including that as she revealed that to me in a post reply (if I crossed a line, Rae--I sincerely apologize). However, nor do I think she'd appreciate my making her a 'poster child for MS'--that's belittling and I will not do that to her or anyone who is afflicted with it. I simply mentioned it to not only bring enlightenment and awareness (I know many of you will now look it up) but to show that life and humor is alive and well. Actually, I didn't show you that--Rae did.

Eva : What can I say? She's a hoot--what I would call 'a good egg'. Her honest prose simply makes for great reading. Eva was a school teacher, an insurance sales woman and--I LOVE THIS!!!---was once a carhop for 'A & W Rootbeer' which she said her mother claimed would lead to "harlotry"! I swear, when I read that coffee flew out of my nose. ::Note to self--must go to store and buy coffee remover for PC::
Please also read "Remember, He's Not A Mind Reader" about what happens when us married gals send our husbands to the store. We could write a detailed list and they come home with everything BUT. Hubby calls me at least two times each trip--even with list in hand. Eva chronicled her frustrations on this perfectly; "Well, guess we're eating nothing but eggs, tomatoes and ice cream for the next week!"
In her latest post titled; "Have I Got a Deal For you" details her not so smooth journey into adulthood . Oy! Can we all relate to that or what?
In the last paragraph she writes; "I managed to get through college, and didn’t become a harlot, although, had I known then what I know now, I might have given that career serious consideration… at least as a leisure activity, if not as a means of support. You know what they say, 'We’re too soon old, and too late smart!'"
Not in your case, Miss Eva. Brava!

Jo : Yep. Another Jo. Jo was the very first person to reach out to me on 'blogspot' and told me, in my loneliness and want for sisterhood; "I'll be your sister."
I will NEVER forget that.
Unfortunately, Jo doesn't blog as often as I would like--and I am actually quite concerned about her. Jo has terminal cancer and recently underwent a double mastectomy. She also spoke in one of her last blogs about "getting things in order". This kills me.
All I can really say about this warm, wonderful woman, who in spite of her own illness reached out, is to please pray for her that she is well enough to see this and knows how much I think of her and how deserving she is of a life fully lived free of disease. Jo, I love you.

Nanny Goats In Panties:: Anyone who's read this blog needs no explanation.
If you haven't read it--go. Now. You won't regret it (I actually have a "Nanny Goats In Panties" button on my sidebar).
Enough said. Oh, except--thank you for the much needed laughs!

Isabella : Isabella Golightly. First off, is there a cooler name? Like you, I'm sure your mind instantly retreats to Audrey Hepburn.
This 'wonder from down under' was another one who reached out to me in a post reply and I fell in love with her talent. Simply put, she makes things. She posts her patterns--rolls and rolls of fabulous fabric--that is so pleasing to look at that makes you immediately imagine what she is going to make next. Then she posts the finished product.
I envy that kind of know how. My idea of sewing?: "Hi, Mom. It's me. Whatcha' doing? Yeah, yeah, yeah, hey listen love ya, gotta go but first can you sew a button on Ed's shirt for me? Okay, thanks. Oh dear, there goes the doorbell. Gotta run now. Thanks, Mom!"
Thank you, Isabella for sharing your talent.

Michael :
First of all, the title of his blog; "...Disgruntled Secretary". Love it. He's so UN-pc he's right up my alley. Simpatico. I love that he didn't name it; "....Disgruntled Executive Assistant"--ha! Doesn't have quite the same ring, does it?
This man is ME only in male form. A fellow southern Californian and I.E. (Inland Empire) resident, how could I not acknowledge my fellow 'cranky' (again, only in the best sense) blogger who, like me, doesn't think ALL babies are cute?

I'm more inclined to think most newborns look like 'Yoda' (my son included--but who grew up adorable! Of course.). And Michael is right there with me--in Yoda voice: "Mmmmm....like looking in the mirror it is."

Plus, did I mention he's just a witty and intelligent writer and knows everything about 'Disneyland'?

God, I Love this guy.


*So, go check them out. Right now, I have to inform all of them of their 'Splish-Splash Award' and hope that I linked their blogs correctly on here--that's something I have trouble with.

Thank you again, Lori--you're just lovely.

And thank you, everyone, for the heaps and mounds of support. Will keep you posted.

Peace, love and happiness,
~Jo

EDIT: I am having trouble linking their websites. So sorry but hopefully you'll be able to find them this way:

*Rain: "A Walk In The Woods" http://ocean-sunsets.blogspot.com

*Rae: "The Weather Vane" http://myweathervane.blogspot.com

*Eva: "Wrestling With Retirement" http://wrestlingretirement.blogspot.com

*Jo: "Jo's Corner" http://jomoseleysblog.blogspot.com

*"Nanny Goats In Panties": http://www.nannygoatsinpanties.com

*Isabella Golightly: http://isabellagolightly.blogspot.com

*Michael: http://meekothedisgruntledsecretary.blogspot.com

**Hopefully that works. God, I'm dumb! Thank you for your patience...

3 comments:

  1. Wow. As the involved party here, I feel very humble that Jo has included me in this awesome list - all I do is make stuff! There are so many people writing beautiful creative blogs that it's a real honour to have mine singled out - thanks Jo, I'm thrilled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am honored that you would pass this award on to me. Thanks you so much. And thank you for your nice comment. I don't mind that you mention the MS. I have never disclosed it on my blog simply because I have never wanted my blog to be about my problems. BTW You have a very nice middle name :)

    I am so pleased that I have met you. You are amazing and a remarkable person. Your sincerity and compassion radiate through your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Jo! You said some nice things there about me! (blush!) I'm glad I can transport you away from the trouble, at least for a bit!!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete