Tuesday, August 18, 2009



*EDITED ON FRIDAY, 8/21/09:

Four Five Six Days One Week And Counting....

Still nothing from our attorney.


That means for sure another pay period with the garnishment in place, all because he didn't do what he needed to when he needed to do it.

He let us down.

Oh my God. Really. I mean it. OH MY GOD!

Ed comes home tonight from his business trip--I HATE to see him walk through that door not only jet lagged but feeling even more defeated in life than he already does. Heartbreaking and he simply does not deserve that.

Out of no where sometimes Ed will say to me; "You're a good woman." Just for doing simple little things like hanging up his shirt or making coffee.

This man is truly a man among men. If you see our picture on our side-bar of myself, Ed and 'B' (our son) the first thing that may likely come to your mind--and what comes to most peoples minds--is "Hippies" or "Bohemians". :D

That tickles me. Even B says that to me; "Mom, you're such a 'hippie weirdo'." Ha! But truthfully--we honestly try and implement the "hippie" philosophy of 'peace and love' into our every day lives and attempt to handle the negative Karma in the same manner. Especially Ed who--in spite of his long hair and somewhat intimidating appearance--is nothing short of a teddy bear who just wants to live life as peacefully and well as he can.

In spite of my dower blog postings about all of this mess, I guess I really want to convey that we have a great sense of humor and we have compassion for others--unfortunately that doesn't come across as much as I would like. You can scan through some of my older posts such as, "When It Rains It Pours", "Don't mind me, I'm just here for the sales" and "Many Scars" to hopefully get a better sense of who we are.

I hate that our situation has turned me into this whiny, bemoaning person....a person I scarcely recognize anymore.

Ed does not deserve this and I feel as if I let him down...what I could have done differently during this tumultuous time, I just don't know.


Shame on this attorney. Shame on this situation.

I wanted Ed to come home to some peace of mind. That is not going to happen.

Instead--for whatever it may be worth--he'll be coming home to open and welcome arms--lots of them; me, B, B's beautiful girlfriend (see prom picture on side bar) and many of B's friends. The camaraderie amongst our extended family is an amazing gift. Even in this time, we can surely recognize that.

I always say; "If we didn't have weeds, then how would we recognize the flowers when they're in bloom."

I don't know where we go from here--I'm scared. Ed's scared.

However, life may indeed be kicking our asses right now--with a little help from our ambivalent attorney--but at least we have each other.

John Lennon said: "If someone thinks that 'love and peace' is a cliche that must have been left behind in the sixties, that's his problem. Love and peace are eternal."


Amen.

We're trying, Mr. Lennon. We're trying.

5 comments:

  1. Good Evening! Stopping by from SITS to say hello! Love the pictures of your family on your sidebar!

    I am also part of the Welcomista Wagon. Ans since I read that you are knew to this, I will say Welcome! and we are so glad you joined us.

    And a friendly little piece of advice...I would move your follower widget closer to the top of your column. Makes it easier for people to follow you. And who doesn't love that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, my goodness - I had to go back many posts to get the lowdown on this thing and all I can say is WTF??????? How frustrating for you! I'm so sorry you have to go through this. And I hope things get better soon and that jerkface lawtard of a man gets off his ass and starts doing his job for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jo. I'm visiting from SITS. I'm so sorry to hear that your family is going though a tough time. If that's your picture on the side bar, I hope you are able to keep your beautiful smile through all of this and not let it steal your joy in life. All my prayers are for you today. I'll be "following" and I look forward to reading more from you.

    Audra
    audradetillier.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the message! I'm not sure why you're having trouble getting to my page, but I double checked, and my privacy settings are set to "anyone." I hope you're able to make it there soon.

    Audra

    ReplyDelete