Tuesday, August 25, 2009


FINALLY--NEWS FROM OUR ATTORNEY

Ed and B just returned from The Angel game--Angels lost 5 to 3 against Detroit.

Of course, the one night Ed gets to go out and have an enjoyable evening (even though The Angels lost--getting out of the house outside of work is a big deal, the tickets were courtesy of a vendor)--and THE ONE TIME he can't get to his phone--wouldn't you just know it our attorney (a.k.a. scum-bag piece of shit--here I go again with technical terms) finally calls.

He left Ed a very distressing message saying that the "numbers aren't adding up" and thus we are not qualified for bankruptcy.

All this time. All this time he told us to hold out for four pay periods with only 10 to 14 hours of overtime every two weeks, which Ed has adhered to, and with the garnishment in place. Just for him to jerk us around time and time again--not returning calls, E-mail's, NOTHING! Only then to come back with this...

So, according to scum bag piece of...well, you know--our only option is for Ed to cut overtime completely (which is the only way were were feeding ourselves)--and then we'll have no choice but to give up our Internet, which B needs for school; he starts this Monday at our local community college.

So, I'm trying to find out if there's another option. Following is the E-mail (copied and pasted) I just sent to our attorney:

"Ed received your message tonight but was unable to hear his cell phone at the time you called.

We waited all this time and the news is indeed quite distressing as this is not what we were told; we have held steadfast during these few tumultuous financial months and the very little overtime Ed was told by you he could work, he has stayed true to and not gone over--not to mention what little he worked was needed desperately to keep food on our table and gas in his car.

So, what we need to know is what other options are available to us...you mentioned something before when we were in your office about a payment plan.

We cannot delay any longer our financial health. The ONLY meat we had in our house this week was ONE leftover chicken hot dog that I divided onto grilled cheese for Ed for dinner yesterday while our son has been eating dinner at his girlfriends house. We simply cannot continue to live this way.

Again, I ask you what other options are available and to please try again to reach Ed or let us know what number and time would be best to reach you at.

We really need to figure something out soon--if you are unable to help us, please kindly just let us know up front.

Thank you."


I'm not holding out much, if any hope. If it comes to us having to give up the Internet--I will do my best to let you all know ahead of time.

I have so very much and deeply appreciated your support, your friendship and companionship--it's been a very long time since I've had those things.

But...let's truly hope for the best--I'm already struggling typing this trying to see the monitor just thinking about not only having to give this up for myself, but worrying about my son having a fair shot at adulthood. He deserves better.

Here's to hoping...


A special thanks to Lori ('Peterson Family') for my beautiful 'Splish-Splash' award (see my side bar)--I couldn't be prouder or more grateful. I promise to try and be back tomorrow to fulfill my end of the bargain with nominations.

Peace, love and happiness,
~Jo

6 comments:

  1. Reading this really made me cry :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there Jo! hope things get better for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jo! If it were me, I'd be camping out at his office, no joke. I'm slightly pit-bullish and I would refuse to wait on him and play the email and telephone tag game. Why not approach another company for information? Maybe you'll find someone with ethics. I hope you can work out a consolidation plan or proposal if you aren't eligible for bankruptcy. When I did my proposal after the burnout, it was taken care of with 2 appointments. The delay is stupid. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry. He is an asshole. I sincerely hope this all gets sorted out soon.

    Many blessings

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, I'd be looking for another one - there must be an attorney with some sense of ethics in California (or is that a tautology?) God I hope not for your sake!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh. My heart is breaking for you. I will pray for your family right now. I am sorry you are going thru this distressing time. How sad!

    ReplyDelete