Thursday, August 27, 2009


Fans--and a little smut!

Not having much new to report today (spoke to another attorney last night by phone--making appointment to see him next week; a potentially positive move--trying not to get hopes up too high, though...), I thought I would just ramble off some random thoughts and goings-on....

Today's weather (in Riverside, CA.) is reporting a high of 105-107. We have no A/C--nuff said.

In light of this, I was wondering--is there perhaps a suggestion box or complaint form I can fill out to gripe about unreasonable weather conditions? Does Mother nature have an E-mail address?

Anyone?

So, a little funny true story: a few weeks ago when B and his girlfriend were still in Maryland on summer vacation, his friends would occasionally come over to visit Ed and I. One such friend arrived one evening and noticed how hot our house was. He says that he has A/C at his house and some extra fans that they don't use or need. I tell him to please not go through any trouble for us nor to deprive him and his family of the fans, but sure enough he comes over the next night with two fans for us. What a sweetie!

So, B's "sister" (his best female friend who is truly like my daughter and his sister) texts me that night and I tell her that so and so just brought two fans to our house.

She then replies (TRUE STORY): "Oh my God! Who are the fans and why are they in your house?"

I roared!

I then have to explain to my blonde-rooted young friend that they're the kind of fans you plug in--not the groupie kind (WHY I would have groupies in my house is beyond me!).

She then texts back; "Oh my God! I'm so dumb!"

Yep.

God love her!


Hair today, gone tomorrow:

You know that picture of me on my profile--pretty, long red hair? Well, that was taken last December. I no longer look like that. Haven't been able to afford to do my hair for about three months now.

Now, this may come as a 'shocker' but...I am not a natural red head. Whoda thunk it? I'm actually a natural brunette with now heavily 'ladened' not so natural gray roots. It's just wrong.

Ever feel like you were born with the wrong hair color? I feel like a red head at heart. I don't go get my hair professionally done--that's at least--what?--fifty big ones? Uh-uh--can't do it.....

::DISCLAIMER: READ NO FURTHER IF YOU DON'T LIKE DIRTY TALK--AND IF YOU DON'T...WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH YOU????::


So, I made a point to become--eh hem--"friends" with the lovely 'Miss Clairol'. She has been a patient and loving companion waiting months for me to invite her over for another 'girlie day' of special alone time...

It's important that she knows I still want her; her 'box' of 'Bright Auburn' really turns me on. That little box of hers rejuvenates me and makes me feel young. No other box does it for me. I've tried others--but they were cheap and tawdry never making me feel as good as she does.
I hope to get reacquainted soon--I miss that hour of alone time with just me and her in my back bathroom--and to then finish off our time together in the shower.

Ahhhh...how the sweet aroma and memory of her still linger....

END OF SMUT TALK--now onto other things:

Have I ever mentioned that I'm clumsy? I mean REALLY clumsy.

I'm the person who walks down the street and falls for no apparent reason.

So, the other day Ed and I are on the back patio and he goes to--for whatever reason--who knows what gets into him???--tweak my nipple! Sorry, I forgot to tell you the smut talk wasn't quite over...Oops. My bad?

In my defense in trying to avoid said nipple tweaking, I fell over backwards in my resin lawn chair onto the cement patio--nightgown over my head.

I don't know who laughed harder--me or him.

All I have to say is payback, Ed, payback.

So, this morning in front of B, his girlfriend and his two best friends, I'm walking across my living room and trip over the fan cord--landing hard on my knees (scraping them and my shins up in the process) and hitting my head on the 'papa san'. Night gown rising up in the back, of course.

Grace personified.

Those fans once again causing trouble.

I'm having his friend pick them up tonight.

10 comments:

  1. I just found your blog...but I can tell already I am going to love it. Just to funny:)

    I look forward to following your tales...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very funny fan story or should I say blonde story.
    I know all about the fall stuff. I spend more time on the floor than I do upright. Did it again on Sunday. I am like you and can not fall gracefully. I seem to do it in slow motion and always for an audience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hysterical! Grace and dignity. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Try to stay cool...in the heat I mean. HAPPY FRIDAY! Stopping by from SITS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. *I thought I should post a re-do. After re-reading my blog--I realize that I made it sound as if I think that I AM "pretty with long red hair" when what I actually mean is that in my profile picture, it is my HAIR that is pretty (NOT ME)--at least in the picture (not anymore--ha!).

    Phew!

    Not that I think I'm butt ugly mind you but--yikes!--how I must've sounded!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your hair is the most absolutle beautiful shade of red and I never would have guessed it wasnt real red.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jo I'm glad you are enjoying your "affairs' with Clairol; she does sound like an enticing lady. I too have "affairs" with an exotic man named Feria. He is different during different times of the year, but he never fails to make me feel youthful and vibrant.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wonder what I should comment on - the way you put things in your writing or the way you take life so bravely. I'm glad that someone in troubled times takes her time off to enjoy the niceties and the light side of life. Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  9. HI,
    I know what you mean about red hair, I am not naturally red haired either ut loved to get it done every month/ 6 weeks at the hairdressers.
    The cutter was good, Carlo and he served a great cappocino and a nice wine and a great glass of bubbly.
    Then when the MS had stopped me working Richie sut and hennaed it for me, still cuts but have not been dying it since I have been full time in bed.
    Hope to be up and about in October so might go red again then.
    Have a good Sunday.
    Love,
    Herrad

    ReplyDelete